- Election Could Still Result In Trump-Clinton Tie: Analyst by Max Kutner (Newsweek)
- Donald Trump’s victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US – led by his supporters (Independent)
- How do we unlearn racism by Aviva Stahl
- The Most American Kind of America by Johanna Hedva
- What President Donald Trump Means for Muslims by Omer Aziz (New Republic)
- A Transgender Woman’s Letter For The American Public (Clash)
- I Will Teach My Children To Survive The New America by Manuel Gonzales (Buzzfeed)
- Farewell, America by Neal Gabler
- Autocracy: Rules for Survival by Masha Gessen (NYRB)
- Here’s What I’m Telling My Brown Son About Trump’s America by Mira Jacob (Buzzfeed)
- American Women Are Suffering from Trump Traumatic Stress Disorder (Politics USA) by Sarah Jones
- The Centre of a Whirlwind: Watching Whiteness Work by Akwugo Emejulu (Verso)
- Mourning Trump and the America We Could Have Been by Meghan O’Rourke (The New Yorker)
- The 2016 Election isn’t over yet How a man you’ve never heard of could be our last chance to stop Trump. by Jackson Cantrell
- Disability Rights Advocates Are Terrified Of A Donald Trump White House by Daniel Marans (Huffington Post)
- I’ve heard enough of the white male rage narrative by Hadley Freeman (The Guardian)
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: What it means to be black during a Trump administration (Washington Post)
- Here’s How We Can Face The Massive Challenges Ahead by Robert Weissman (Huffington Post)
Social Media Highlights
Michael Moore’s Day Two’s To-Do List:
1. Must quickly and decisively form an opposition movement, the likes of which hasn’t been seen since the 1960s. I will do my part to help lead this as I’m sure many others (Bernie, Elizabeth Warren, MoveOn, the hip-hop community, DFA, etc.) will, too. The core of this opposition force will be fueled by young people who, as with Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives Matter, don’t tolerate b.s. and are relentless in their resistance to authority. They have no interest in compromising with racists and misogynists.
2. Prepare to impeach Trump. Just as the Republicans were already planning to do with President Hillary from Day One, we must organize the apparatus that will bring charges against him when he violates his oath and breaks the law — and then we must remove him from office.
3. Must commit right now to a vigorous fight (including civil disobedience, if necessary) which will block any and all Donald Trump Supreme Court nominees who do not meet our approval. We demand the Democrats in the Senate aggressively filibuster any nominees who support Citizens United or who oppose the rights of women, immigrants and the poor. This is non-negotiable.
4. Demand the DNC apologize to Bernie Sanders for trying to fix the primaries against him, for spinning the press to ignore his historic campaign, for giving Clinton the questions in advance at the Flint debate, for its latent ageism and anti-Semism in trying to turn voters against him because of his age or religious beliefs, and for its anti-democracy system of “superdelegates” who are elected by no one. We all know now had Bernie been given a fair shot, he probably would have been the nominee and he — as the true outsider and “change” candidate –would have inspired and fired up the base and soundly defeated Donald Trump. If no apology is soon forthcoming from the DNC, that’s ok — when we take over the Democratic Party (see yesterday’s To-Do List, #1), we will issue the apology in person.
5. Demand that President Obama establish a Special Prosecutor to investigate who and what was behind FBI Director James Comey’s illegal interference into the Presidential election 11 days before the vote was held.
6. Begin a national push while it’s fresh in everyone’s mind for a constitutional amendment to fix our broken electoral system: 1. Eliminate the Electoral College — popular vote only. 2. Paper ballots only — no electronic voting. 3. Election Day must be made a holiday for all — or held on a weekend so more people vote. 4. All citizens, regardless of any run-ins with the criminal “justice” system, must have the right to vote. (In swing states like Florida and Virginia, 30-40% of all Black men are prohibited by law from voting.)
7. Convince President Obama to immediately do what he should have done a year ago: Send in the Army Corps of Engineers to Flint to dig up and replace all the poisoned pipes. NOTHING HAS CHANGED; the water in Flint is still unusable.
Will try to get these done by sundown. More To-Do tomorrow…